Thursday, May 18, 2006

Sweatshirt modification


I didn't make this sweatshirt I bought it at Target for a minor amount of cash. It was all plain black with nothing on it. I then took two different sets of fabrics, one a large cartoon print and the other a smaller strip style and cut out parts. The large face on back and the arm panel came from the same piece while the smaller piece on the front came from the smaller style fabric. I washed and dried the fabrics first. For the large face on the back I stitched her on first and then I framed her by sewing on four strips of polka dot ribbon, stitching the inside and the outside of the ribbon. For the arm and the front I ironed the sides of the fabric down and then sewed them on. That's it! Now it's not so plain! I'm going to wear it to my sewing class!

9 Comments:

Blogger Your Favorite Wife said...

I love the way that it turned out. I mean, the back is cool enough, but the arms?! Awesome.

7:11 AM  
Blogger nico said...

WICKED! great minds think alike i cant believe we were doing this at the same time! haha how cool! love the lichenstien like prints. did i spell that right, futher is that even the artists name? heh. not in school, there goes all the art history i learned....

10:05 AM  
Blogger nico said...

how did you sew it in the arms? thats hard.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Scribbles & Bits said...

That. Totally. Rocks!!!!!

1:50 PM  
Blogger *Kumi said...

COOL!!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

This rocks!

9:30 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

your favorite wife - you are so nice! I wanted a well rounded look you know. Thank you so much! You are always kind to me.

12:22 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

nico - I know I couldn't believe it when I saw your super cute t-shirt! It is cool! Yes you spelled it correctly. Funny you should mention him, I love that stuff! I love the 50's comic retro look. In fact on the art and animation front I have some projects in the works that are in that style. You've got me pegged! About the arms, it was super hard, as you know the arm lays in the opposite direction as the sewing machine leg, and it's so darn skinny, so I really just had the whole sweat jacket pilled high and bundled on it really close together with high nerves running with the knowledge that at any minute I could lose control of my one inch flat radius. At one point I did and sewed the arm to another part of the coat! So I pulled it out and started over very cautiously, I just went very slowly checking that nothing was underneath it as I went. Yikes! But I made it! It worked! Second time around anyways.

12:35 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

scribbles & bits - Wow, rocks! Nice. Thank you!

kumi - all caps, I feel good! Thanx!

jennifer - I see what you do over there at your blog, and you rock too!

You guys are great motivation, really thank you all for you support me : )

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home