Monday, May 15, 2006

Hand Made Mothers Day Gifts



Here are the photos of the gifts I made my mom for Mothers Day. Click these pictures to see larger versions. I started working on these a couple weeks before Mothers day and used my moms favorite things as guidelines. Which are, blue, pink and peach colors, butterflies and hummingbirds.

The first photo is of the card that I made my mom. It features fabric and paper cut outs, ribbon, embossing and inner pocket for the bookmark I made her which was inserted along with my letter.

The second photo is a collage of the gifts I made her. Starting with a blue glass bottle that I decorated with ribbon, butterfly paper and pearl. I also made a bag to fit the bottle, out of blue felt and cut out a hummingbird from fabric and stitched it onto the front, also a clear blue butterfly button and matching ribbon to tie.
I made a lavender pillow out of fleece, cut out a separate square of pink fleece and mini parts out of blue, green and purple to sew together and form a butterfly on the front. It's very soft!
The next row is a matching necklace and bracelet made out of peach colored fabric with butterflies of course.
The last row shows a clear bag that I decorated with my homemade vellum flower and trim, a cut brad and tie ribbon to hold the butterfly set.
I wrapped the gifts with tissue paper that I rubber stamped with butterflies!

The last photo is of a handmade greeting card set that I made for my mom. In the first row you can see the front and the back of the felt bag I made for all of the cards to fit inside of. The front I cut out of fabric and stitched on much like the bottle bag. The rest of the images show the cards that I made her!

I also made her a tea towel but I can't seem to find the photo! It was a plain white flour sack towel that I stitched blue ric rak around and cut fabric that was from the same piece I cut the greeting card bag image from. But this one looked very much like a mother and a daughter, so it was fitting.
It was so fun to do and even better to hear how she enjoyed them!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You were very productive! It all looks fantastic!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Kumi said...

Your mom must be so happy to get so many goodies from her creative daugter!

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

double wow, gina!

7:06 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

scribbles - So nice of you, I worked over a week or two, adding on one thing at a time. Thank you!

kumi - such a lovely comment! I feel all warm : )

babybug - double thank you! So glad you like!

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home