Saturday, May 13, 2006

Cutting cozy



Still sicker than a dog yesterday and today. Yesterday I had a hard time resigning to the couch and focusing on how bad I felt so I went to the sewing machine instead. My husband was so intrigued that I could make things while I wasn't feeling well. I told him that if my body wasn't going to work with me I'd rather focus on something else using my mind. It's a nice distraction and I could still remain seated while sewing but be productive. If it became to much I would come out for a break.
When I was at my sewing class my scissors were in my supply box but they were so heavy that they slid around and knocked things about so I made a scissor cover to alleviate the problem. I used double sided quilted fabric, two rows of ribbon on the edge, and to tie and a large cameo button.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

I hope you feel better soon. Love your scissors case. Very pretty.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Thank you kate!

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks really great! I think the cameo button is the perfect final touch!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Thank you so much scribbles. I had the cameo button laid out on it, and I knew I liked it, then, when I pulled out the polka dot ribbon, I knew it worked and I was so excited! I'm so glad you like it!

11:31 PM  
Blogger nico said...

great scissors case gina.

ive been meaning to wrap my scissor handles with fabric coz they bang so much being all metal. im sure they are off kilter because they have fallen a so many times. ouch!

11:17 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

nico - thank you. Yes, the all metal sure do make their presence known don't they! I hadn't even thought of how it would effect the balance, that's a good point. The quilted fabric works very well since it's already padded.

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home