Thursday, May 11, 2006

Scrunchie


We've been battling illness here, passing it back and forth, this is my second round and I've had it pretty bad over the last few days but I did make it to the first day of my sewing class tonight. Yes I can sew but I really would like to develop my skills and take them to the next level. Let's hear it for learning new things and making even more creative jazz! It's a bring your own sewing machine class and tonight we made our own hair scrunchie! The above photo is mine. I really like the teacher she is very generous in elaborating on tips and tricks that are useful while demonstrating her main point. I'm looking forward to the next class.

7 Comments:

Blogger nico said...

youve started youre sewing class how wicked :) and its a bring your own machine how cool- id probably not make it mine is so frik heavy! hair scrunchie looks fab gina :)

thats terrible about being sick over and over again i hope you get better ey!

2:46 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Hi nico - They are so heavy aren't they. I have a standard machine and I also have a smaller one (the turquoise machine you have seen in the blog photos), but it's still heavy! Thank you for your well wishes!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Of If I had such golden locks as you....the scrunchie is lovely but your hair captured my eye first!!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

You truly are golden for saying such kindness tongue in cheek antiques! Warm smile...

3:57 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

your favorite wife - both the knitting and the sewing class are provided by the local community college listed as "continuing education" and are non credit, off campus and relatively cheap compared to most of the academic classes. They have a lot of fun categories, crafts, home, personal etc. Keep your eye open for your local class schedule catalog.

Oh another thought, in case you don't have a college close by (where are you at?), some stores like Michaels Crafts and Pacific Fabrics have classes available to the public so you might want to check those out.

Your husband is probably really enjoying the sunshine here in Seattle today, it really is a lovely city.

I hope the links help and things wind down a bit! Hang in there!

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better! You with your sporty cute scrunchie there!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

LOL! Thanks scribbles.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home