Friday, May 19, 2006

Green and Pink


Here is another bag I made and this time I made the inner lining and outer lining separately and sewed them together on top. I did it differently with the Cherry bag and afterwards thought about it and realized this is a better way and indeed it worked out much better. It is much neater and cleaner in it's construction. I had two colors of the same fabric, one green and one pink. I made the base of the bag in pink fabric and then cut out the image of the girl silhouette from the green fabric and stitched it onto a piece of green felt then sewing that onto the front of the bag. The inside pocket is made from the same felt but with a different green floral fabric on top. The felt for this pocket was one piece rolled up in half so that when I sewed it to onto the inner lining it made it like a layered pocket, or two pockets! The inner lining is large gingham print and the outside trim of the bag is small green gingham with three hand sewn pink plastic buttons finished with a green/pink/white stripe strap.

3 Comments:

Blogger nico said...

yay sewing! the double felt pocket is such a great!

hi '-' its such crappy weather today ;;

im procrastinating right now from doing any work :)

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That does sound like a better way to do the lining! I've never tried sewing a bag, but if you keep this up, I may just have to cave in!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Thanks nico! I hope the sun comes out soon! You've been so busy and productive you deserve a break!

scribbles & bits - yes it worked much better! Let me know if you cave in! Thank you : )

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home