Monday, August 14, 2006

Bookplates


Here is the last photo from my Mom's gift package. I made these bookplates by cutting shapes out of sticky back vellum (some pink plaid and some pink rose) and inking the images on to the front. For the lady, I added little lavender paper flowers with matching rhinestone centers. For the "from the library of" I cut various corner shapes out of shiny paper and glued them on. All my Mom has to do is peel the back off, put it inside her book and sign her name. I like these so much that I made some for my second cousin (and wife) and for my husband and I. Off to try and figure out some functions on my new embroidery machine and later hopefully get some overdue animation work done!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yet another cute idea! You really make well rounded gift packages... I am so stealing some of your ideas!

4:38 PM  
Blogger Suse said...

Beautiful bookplates!

6:20 PM  
Blogger tlchang said...

So many really lovely things! Have you considered joining our SOSF as another venue to trade your wares? You'd be a terrific addition.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Anastasia said...

These are lovely! i like the vintage image and they look fAB!

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gina you are way too talented for words :)

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These look fabulous!!!! I've never thought of using the sticky-backed vellum. I always use those big label sheets from Office Depot, but then I'm limited to cpmuter pront outs (I never have much luck getting the stamping ink to adhere). Hugs!!! It's great to be back!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Kali said...

Hi Gina. I'm so loving these bookplates!
How creative and beautiful. I am not very good when it comes to papercrafts...I haven't spent much time exploring it.
I love your ideas. xx

3:12 PM  
Blogger weirdbunny said...

What a brilliant idea.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Frau Vau said...

those are GREAT!

think i really need some...
maybe i should tell you when´s my birthday *grin*

9:37 AM  
Blogger (Angie) Norththreads: said...

How so very pretty!!!!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

Lucky Mom!!!!

2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home