Thursday, August 03, 2006

My Aunt's 90th Birthday present



Okay so you wanted more photos of what I was up to while the blog was quiet. My Aunt Roxie turned 90 years old! For her present I went with a cherry motif. The bag in the top most left hand corner was the bag I made for her while the bag in the top most right was the "gift" bag that I made as a wrapping paper for her presents. The wrapping paper or gift bag was a simple soft flannel cherry fabric with a soft fuzzy heart appliqué and draw string handle. Her actual cherry bag present was made out of cotton and was lined with an attached cream pocket. The top of the bag has a green gingham hem upon which I stitched 3 cherry buttons. For a finishing touch the front has a crochet 3d cherry on it with matching red handle. I also gave her one of those bottle cap necklaces which I packaged in a home made double sided cardstock box (die cut) and wrapped in tissue that I stamped the Gibson girl on. In the photo you see two of those boxes because I gave one Aunt Roxie and I gave one to my Mom. I still have more photos of my moms gifts pending which I will add to the blog later. In the photos you see Aunt Roxie opening her gift and reading my handmade card! (click images to enlarge)
P.S. I've got a couple photos from my animation talk up over at my animation blog, feel free to leave those comments over there, thanks!

14 Comments:

Blogger Kali said...

Hi Gina, what a lovely gift for your Aunt Roxie...thanks for sharing these pictures of her!

12:14 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Thanks so much kali, it's really my pleasure, and it was!

12:34 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Great Bag, love the box!

2:07 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Very kind kate, thank you!

2:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love handmade gifts! The cherry theme was very cute. I have to remember to make a drawstring bag for my handmade gifts, that's a great idea.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Frau Vau said...

the bag is cutecutecute! the cherries! i *love* cherries!
very nice presents :)

7:04 AM  
Blogger iguru*vision said...

What's a long-live, sweet and warm family here, I enjoye your boxes and pics.

11:57 AM  
Blogger weirdbunny said...

How lovely to make a matching drawstring bag to put the bag into!!! Mega cute or what!!!

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow! What a wonderful gift. She must have been delighted by such treasures. You are such a lovely person Gina.. so thoughtful and kind xox.

2:43 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Cathy - me too, it means so much more doesn't it. So glad you like it!

madhatter - thank you, thank you, thank you! Yes, cherries are a favorite for me too.

fusionlin - aren't they though, I really enjoy my discussions with the friends and family who post to this list, it's nice to share a common interest. Thank you.

Weirdbunny - you've really got a way of projecting good feelings! Thank you so much for always being so kind.

nicole - that certainly was very kind and thoughtful of you to say. She did like it and it felt very good. We even talk about sewing, you know she told me that she made her own high school graduation gown back in the day, that the whole class did!

2:08 PM  
Blogger alaphrench said...

Wow, I can't imagine making your own graduation gown. I think I'd have to hire you to sew mine ROFL! Remind me to tell you about the skirt I attempted to make in Home Ec - hehehehehe

8:58 AM  
Blogger tlchang said...

So was Aunt Roxie totally appreciative? Very thoughtful and incredibly darling. Cherries are one of the best motifs...

11:47 PM  
Blogger Kumi said...

How sweet of you to make such a great gift to your aunty!
What a cool niece!
And I love the way you wrap it up!
Very neat!

12:11 AM  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

What a lovely gift!

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home