Saturday, July 29, 2006

Follow your dreams


Here are the photos of the infamous quilted bag. What you see here is two sided quilted fabric with roses on one side and blue denim on the other. On the outside I stitched on the holding hands appliqué which I made out of red felt. I didn't get a close up of the red hem on the top of the bag but it has a very pretty decorative stitch on it. Inside you can see that there is a separator which has a pocket on each side (yes it's that pocket). For the red strap I stitched ribbon up and down it that said "follow your dreams". This was one of a few gifts I made for my mothers birthday (I'll post the rest later), and her wondrous response sang through the air "I love it", sigh, it was so worth it! -click image to enlarge, yes those are her hands on the left-

15 Comments:

Blogger nico said...

super cutie! i looove the quilting! how did you get all the diamonds lined up?! your moms lucky! and the red holding hands felt applique whew!

1:28 AM  
Blogger nico said...

oh yeah... the pockets are a great feature too!!

1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't quilting a pain it the tush?! You did a great job, especially on those pockes!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Kumi said...

Wow, what a sweet quilting you've done!
Really great work!
I love the red applique very much, Gina!!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Frau Vau said...

the bag turned out beautiful, your present surely was higly welcome and admired!
i like the saying on the handle, this makes it so personal :)

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is wonderful work, it's my fav yet!

8:04 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Thanks nico, I got the fabric prequilted from Jo-anns fabrics, on sale. So the lining up worked out pretty well, but you are so right about the pockets!!!! It really was whew!

12:52 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

So nice to have you here cathy! I really appreciate your kindness.

12:53 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

And the red applique loves you too kumi! And so do I!

12:53 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Thanks madhatter, so glad to have had your support and gernous advice during the making of the bag. Thank you so much for the kind words!

12:54 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Really cruststation! Wow, so nice to know.

12:55 AM  
Blogger weirdbunny said...

I love your felt appliqued people, how cool are they!

3:36 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Oh thank you weirdbunny!

2:13 PM  
Blogger nico said...

aha! prequilted stuff rocks. esp. on sale '-'/

11:02 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Oh yes!

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home