Monday, June 05, 2006

Polka dot skirt


I made this polka dot skirt today. It's a cotton print with a thin elastic waist. It was really quick and fun to make! And funny looking as I tried to pin a skirt to myself for measurement! The pink embellishment is actually a piece from a set of three that I had (made for scrapbookers). It had glue on the back, I imagine to press onto your pages. I pulled the glue off and stitched it onto the skirt. It looks like I might have embroidered it myself. It did take a lot of moving around with the needle since it has so many little arms and legs on it, but it worked out!

A better indoor shot:

9 Comments:

Blogger tlchang said...

How cute is that!?! You are wonderfully, creatively, prolific!

8:30 PM  
Blogger tlchang said...

(Oh - and I'm in the Juanita area, on the Eastside)

8:32 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Wow, those words are just fabulous! Thank you tlc!

Juanita area - lovely!

11:32 PM  
Blogger Kumi said...

HOW CUTE!!
I love polka dots and your skirt is just sooooooo awesome!!
Great job, Gina!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

You're bringing on big smiles kumi! I was just as excited! You love polka, I love polka! Thank you.

12:58 AM  
Blogger nico said...

aw man gina too cute. it suits you so well! even if i dont really know what you wear, i think this skirt is so hot on you... the polka dots are just so you gina! indie stlylin and cool...

2:35 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

My sweet nico - I bet you would be pretty good at figuring it out. Hot, thanks, you are too kind! I appreciate your support so much.

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so cute! I love polka dots! The pink accent is the perfect touch!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

I was hoping so scribbles thanks!

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home