Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Zippered mini bag


Here's the zipper nico! And thank you for all your zipper tips. This was an experiment with a big plastic zipper. The material is a nice strong but light canvas. The bag is in the other room but I think it's about 5 or 6 inches wide and 8 inches long. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be so I was pleasantly surprised. My only concern was the inseam on the inside that was closest to the closed zipper head, it was in the way a little bit so I turned it back inside out and trimmed it closer. Not sure if there is a better resolution for this? The zipper bag was great for sewing the inside since you can turn inside out back and forth so easily! There is a real sense of freedom in that considering that some of the other bags lock you out when you sew the tops together. I've been working on an animation over the last few days (gave myself a migraine yesterday - yikes), I will be submitting it to Converse for a competition. I'll put it up on my animation blog when it's ready, I'll let you know. My head is better today! Hope you all had a lovely memorial weekend.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is lovely! well done for finishing another project! I can imagine how much you must have to concentrate on the screen when rendering 3D animation work and getting headaches...poor you.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Jennifer W. said...

So cute! How funny - I made a zippered pouch last night, but yours is waaaayyyy cooler!

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is really cute! Is the heart on the front made of felt? Anyway, can't wait to see your animation! Hope you head feels better!

8:43 AM  
Blogger iguru*vision said...

I'm wait for anim on your blog again !

10:26 AM  
Blogger Lady K said...

Good luck on the animation competition. You're a shoe-in! Hahaha!

I've never sewn a zipper before. They've always scared me. I'll have to get over that...

7:24 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Thanks crustation. Yes, I've got to watch myself, if certain factors are all aligned I have to be careful about anything visual, computer, painting etc. for extended periods of time. And, yet it still happens! I'm better now though thank you for your kindness : )

Jennifer you did! I've seen your work so I know yours has got to be cute! I just saw your swap, stunning!

Thanks scribbles & bits - the heart is a 3D soft plush, I don't know if I'm describing it right? It's like a tiny little pillow, real soft (sort of fuzzy) and filled. I'm working on getting the animation up for you. My head is better thanks doll!

I'm so glad fusionlin!

Hi lady k, thank you, shoe in, you are such a card. Smile. I was the same way, and I was shocked to discover that there is no secret trick. All I did was pin the zipper to each side of the fabric, if you lay it out you can see how it would go. Sew your zipper to one side, and then to the other (from what would be your inside). And all you do, seriously is so up the square of the bag just like normal, up until you get as high as you can up to the edge of the zipper! Do this for each side and then sew your bottom together and turn it inside out! This zipper you see here is a bit over sized which was pretty comfy for me to work on.

3:12 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Here is the animation link for you:
Just copy and paste:
http://maxanimation.blog
spot.com/2006/06/artifact.html

12:55 AM  
Blogger Kumi said...

I love this pop and cute fabric!
Kawaii!!

5:59 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Gotta love that Kawaii! Thanks kumi, coming from a person who has such a wonderful sense of fabric taste, that means a lot.

3:28 AM  
Blogger nico said...

OH MY GOSH GINA! its perfect! you did a great job! sorry it took me forever to get here :P i need to catch up! it looks great!

2:28 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Thanks nico! Actually I placed the heart a little off but oh well! I'm so glad you like it!

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home