Monday, March 20, 2006

Hand designed cards


These were the first set of cards that I designed. I made each one different and gave them as a set. Made in one day, it was a mix of embossing, stamping, cardstock punching, layering, gluing, and brad snipping! I can't tell you how much fun I had making these. I have been thinking of perhaps expanding my online jewelry shop to include card sets, little fleece critters/pins and other crafty items. Let me know what you think and if you would like to see something like these cards there. Of course this would be some day when I have more time to create some bulk items and more time to put the additional shop jazz up online. I don't know how long that would be with my current animation project, but I would still like to hear your thoughts. And who knows, sometimes the old multi tasking kicks in or sometimes when one works on a project for so long it can be a nice change of scenery to temporarily work on another. This image is only one row of a larger picture, I had to crop the original size to fit on the blog properly. To see the whole photo of all the cards Click HERE!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely! I think the Asian-themed one is my favorite (although it was really hard to pick one)!

6:38 AM  
Blogger alaphrench said...

I think expanding your shop is a great idea!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

scribbles & bits - I like that one too! Thank you : )

alaphrench - hey how have you been! Thanks for the input.

3:51 PM  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Those are cool! I think that these would make a wonderful addition to your shop.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Thank you kindly ladylinoleum! I really appreciate your supportive words.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Kumi said...

Great work, Gina.
I love your cards, too!!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Oh thanks Kumi! I'm so glad you like them! Check out my latest post kum!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

I only wish the photo of the cards were a little nicer quality for you, the colors of the envelopes and cards actually match but it's hard to tell in the picture. If I do put them up on my site to sell, I'll have to pull out my higher quality camera! It's been easier not too since the higher quality camera requires hooking up to my computer with a USB and importing and all that jazz, while the one I have been using doesn't. If I do move forward though, at that point it would be worth the little extra work : ) In the mean time my apologies for the low quality!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Kumi said...

No problem!!
I still can see your work!

8:13 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

OH good!

9:46 PM  
Blogger nico said...

whoa gina, cool i just saw your awsome jewelry shop! and the lovely studio and you looking cute in a red tee and beautiful work on the cards (i <3 queen bee)... !!! i love all of it... oh yeah and swanky lookin salon... really nice :)!

1:38 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Thanks nico! You sure know how to make a girl feel good! You look pretty good in red yourself! I appreciate you being so kind to me!

6:05 PM  
Blogger nico said...

*blushes*

10:41 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

aww.

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home