Saturday, November 04, 2006

dandelion


Again my apologies for no crafts or sewing on my craft and sewing blog - it seems I'm all one creative force or the other, and in this case it most certainly was true, I didn't have time to do anything else as I was burning the midnight oil to meet the deadline (boy was it a sight!). Here I will copy and paste my animation blog words for you "This piece was the most sequential animation that I have done. It was generated for the film2music competition in which registrants are asked to select a track from the composers CD and create a video to accompany it. Previous to this competition I had been busy producing "The Mark" for the aniboom contest. This meant that I had only a couple weeks to create and complete this one. As elaborate as a concept this piece was, the time line wasn't feasible but I crunched through nights without sleep to get it in on time. I just barely made it, but I made it!So the prize for this one is not only money but meetings with a famous producer and agent! And this time, it's no sweat to vote, you don't have to sign up or register for anything, no typing at all, it's just one click and "send", okay so technically that's two clicks, but that's all just clicks!Come watch dandelion here - an animation about hope and faith in ones future dreams. Thank you all!" Gina

18 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Gina your animations are just amazing. Good luck with this one!!

12:57 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Thank you so much kate!

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Gina, this is amazing my favourite yet! I don't know how you do it in such a short time-scale everything is so detailed and go together so well. I voted for you, good luck!!

11:39 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Thank you so much cruststation! To be honest with you in the future, for such an ambitious piece, I really would need a few months, but I didn't have it so I really went above and beyond - pretty much turned into a basketcase, but I was determined to make it! And now I am just so relieved that I did, and that you like it! I really appreciate your vote!

1:01 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Blessings to you and thanks for coming to visit me.
Keep well and prayers for your husband!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Wow, great job gina!!This is my favorite one!!

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You did a great job, I can't believe you did it so quickly too. You are very talented.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

jeanne - thank you so much for those thoughtful words, we both appreciate it very much.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

tongue in cheek - that means a lot to me considering your amazing sense of imagery. Thank you!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

cathy, I can't believe it either, I just barely made it! Whew, and thank you dear.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Qip'aq said...

Hi Gina..thank you for the comment..wow...you do cool work. I was going to the Art Institute for Advertising but quit..so I am pursuing my dreams as an independant artist.....

7:37 PM  
Blogger hello natacha said...

Hi Gina, it's beautiful (vraiment et simplement beau!). Les couleurs font rĂªver!

7:19 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

How wonderful Chelle, an artist after my very own heart. I think an artist knows what's best for them, you can feel it inside, so I admire your listening to your inner voice! Good for you!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

natacha matic - I'm so glad you think so, I did indeed try and use the colors to endorse feelings of comfort and flight (peach and blue) and run them together throughout the film. I'm so glad you found it appealing! Thank you so much!

9:03 PM  
Blogger One Crabapple said...

Wow BRAVO for you - getting it done !

It looks pretty KOOL !

5:54 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

oh thank you so much one crabapple, for those wonderful words!

1:56 AM  
Blogger Qip'aq said...

Hi Gina..thank you for the comments..:)
I love your artwork as well..very original...

4:12 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Thanks so much Chelle, I really appreciate that!

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home