Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Come watch, come vote!


I can now announce my animation officially! My newest animation, The Mark is now a contender in the "Drama" category at the 25 thousand dollar Aniboom competition. My original footage is in hi definition, this means it has a wide screen, and since the Aniboom site has square windows for animation viewing, my footage has been squished together to fit, making things appear sort of skinny and tall. Here's what I recommend, watch the video (the large sized one) at my webpage here (where you can also read a whole lot about this animation), after you watch it then go to the Aniboom site and rate it. Do this by going here and clicking the farthest right boom ball (by the "your vote"), they will ask you to register, but it's super easy to do! After that you can now rate it (go back and click the ball again) and it will work, you will see a thank you window as proof!
Or you can do this in reverse by just going to the Aniboom.com front page and clicking the blue login button up in the top right corner, here you will be able to register, you can then go to my "The Mark" page and vote right away the first time.
I hope you enjoy the animation and that it gives you meaning, it was very cathartic to make. And I thank you my dear friends and family for your votes and your support! Turn up your volume!

16 Comments:

Blogger weirdbunny said...

I watched the movie but I didn't really understand it?... sorry - Juliax

4:16 AM  
Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

I'm heading over to take a look right now!

5:11 PM  
Blogger iguru*vision said...

Can't stop myself to watch it again and again!
Best wishes to all of your family again! also
I vote it highly score for it's spiritual and elegent production through your insight!

7:23 PM  
Blogger iguru*vision said...

Please don't forget to see it-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orLpZxEd24Y

11:17 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

That's okay weirdbunny. Although this story is representative of something from my youth, I left it vague enough that it could be relatable to the viewer.
The main character is by himself and reaches out, but he is told something is wrong with him and that he can not stay in the place he is in, that he has to go away. As time goes by he begins to take on the traits of those he is now around, by digging the holes. Digging holes and filling them up demonstrates time not being utilized, he and the others are not productive here. While he is in the thick of it, as he begins to tire and he realizes that the mark is not really there, and never really was all along, he can remove it, he is in charge, he is free from this label placed upon him by someone else. With this he realizes that he can return to the world, but even better! Hence the 3d, it is now that he lives his own worth through his own judgment and here, where he can find his own potential and as he does so, he can find love, these things are what he was seeking after all.

Let me make up a simple example for you, although there are so many that are more complex, say a boy was told he could not throw a baseball, he begins to believe it and lets the external viewpoint actually influence how he throws a ball, so he leaves baseball behind and spends his time doing other things. Then one day when he is very tired of living this way, he realizes that his self value was placed by an external source when it really comes from with in (usually comes with age). Then goes back to throwing ball, perfects his craft and becomes a famous baseball player, this is his passion, he is happy here, he is free.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Thank you lady linoleum, hope you like it!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

So glad to hear it fusionlin. Those are very nice words. Thank you for your vote.

3:00 PM  
Blogger createacraft said...

thank you for your visit.on my blog.. I watched the video..it is lively.. and the colours are beautiful too..
and now I go to visit this site.. and vote..

11:26 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Thanks pinar, I just love details in a review and yours are so very lovely. I appreciate your vote so much!

2:01 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

I really really liked it, I voted!!!! :)

7:52 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Hooray monica - you are always there to support me, big hug!

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was finally able to watch it and vote for it! Yay! I'm definitely seeing an improvement of your animation talents. I hope that doesn't sound mean because I mean it as a compliment!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Thank you scribbles. I very much appreciate those words, because I feel as though I am continuing to evolve and it's nice that you notice, it validates to me that I really am. And I do take it as a compliment, I hope that as I move along I continue to grow! Thanks for voting too!

3:31 PM  
Blogger nico said...

oh my gosh! i. must. vote. after i see it! somethings wrong with the player right now, but the internets been acting up tonight-- ill be back!

12:34 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Hope it worked for you Nico! Thanks doll!

12:27 AM  
Blogger iguru*vision said...

somewhere aroud us-

http://radionautas.blogspot.com/

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home