Saturday, February 11, 2006

Home made Valentine


Here are some images from my first greeting card made from scratch. I used rubber stamps for the print designs (the red and pink flower designs). For the envelope after I stamped the block design I cut a heart shape out of felt and I attached it to the envelop using a "kiss me" brad. I taped that down on the inside. The back of the envelope also has a smaller cut felt heart that will seal it closed.
For the card, once again I stamped out a design. The silver and red heart was accomplished in three steps. First I made the heart out of shiny silver paper and then using a rubber stamp I applied the design to it. I had to let it dry for some time since it has such a slick surface, if I touched it too soon the red ink would smear. After it was set, I then cut the second smaller heart out of red pseudo suede paper and glued it on top of the silver heart. For the inside of the card I used a lined heart stamp and the silvery word love was made three dimensional by using an embossing heater. The "handmade especially for you" on the back of the card was also embossed. A tiny heart was glued above it. I've never felt so much excitement about giving a card before, but I can't wait!
By clicking the image you will be directed to a medium sized image, you can click here to see a higher resolution image.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kumi said...

I see.
Yours are great.
Happy Valentine's Day to you!

7:58 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

I realized later that you had actually made yours! I can't do that, I can just decorate blank ones! I really enjoy your work. Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home